If you needed an organ transplant would you have one?
If so, please help others and join the NHS Organ Donor Register
One day it could be someone you love or even you in need of a transplant
We Urgently need your help, register by ringing 0300 123 23 23 and quoting ODR code 2637 or online by clicking on this link http://bit.ly/2f5tcH2
- Last year, 1,400 people donated their organs after they died across the UK, saving or transforming the lives of over 3,500 people
- There remains a pressing need for more BAME donors because black and Asian people are more at risk of illnesses that require a transplant, such as diabetes. People from the same ethnic group are more likely to be a match for a transplant.
- On average three people die every day in need of an organ transplant because there just aren’t enough organ donors.
- Only around 5,000 people across the UK die in circumstances where their organs could potentially be used each year.
- There were 90 deceased organ donors from BAME backgrounds during 2016/17.
809 patients from BAME backgrounds received an organ transplant in 2016/17.
We need to talk about it
Please discuss your wish with your family and tell them that you want to be an organ donor. Your family will be asked to support your decision, if and when the time comes. Knowing your wishes will make it easier for them to support your decision.
Try the Blink Challenge
Rich Brazilian Decides to bury his Bentley
Hindu perspective on Organ Donation
Children say Thank you