I’d like to volunteer, what can I do?
Sewa Day is a chance for you to improve the community you live in by giving your time.
We don’t ask for your money, however we do ask for your time. It won’t cost you anything other than a few hours of your time to work together, do a good deed and be part of a movement for a great cause. No fund-raising will take place on Sewa Day.
Tell me about Sewa Day
Sewa is a universal concept, which involves performing an act of kindness without expectation of reward.
On Sewa Day, thousands across the world come together to perform Sewa and experience the true joy of giving. You can join an existing group, or form your own with your friends and family – all ages are welcome. Our projects aim to:
- Relieve hardship and poverty
- Help the environment
- Bring a little joy… to those who have little
Tell me how to get involved
In five easy steps:
- Search our Project Directory for a Sewa Day project near you and contact the organiser directly to register your interest in volunteering. Or pull together a group of friends, family etc. and give yourself a name, e.g. Friends of Hatch End – this will help us identify you. Register your voluntary group
- Tell us what you’re going to do on Sewa Day
- Organise logistics and encourage volunteers to take part
- Tell us what you did on our feedback form
- Apply for a Sewa Pioneers Award
Our team will support you at every stage of the process.
For further details, please contact:
Harkishan Mistry: firstname.lastname@example.org
+44 (0)7873 344483